Positive Thinking (A short story)
A famous writer was in his study room. He picked up his pen and started writing :
1) Last year, I had a surgery and my gall bladder was removed. I had to stay on the bed due to this surgery for a long time.
2) The same year I reached the age of 60 years and had to give up my favourite job. I had spent 30 years of my life in this publishing company.
3) The same year I experienced the sorrow of the death of my father.
4) And in the same year my son failed in his medical exam because he had a car accident. He had to stay in bed at the hospital for several days. The destruction of the car was another loss.
In the end, he wrote: Alas! It was such a bad year!!
When the writer’s wife entered the room, she found her husband looking sad and lost in his thoughts. Standing behind his back, she read what was written on the paper. She left the room silently and came back with another paper and placed it on side of her husband’s writing.
When the writer saw this paper, he found this written on it :
1) Last year I finally got rid of my gallbladder due to which I had spent years in pain.
2) I turned 60 with sound health and got retired from my job. Now I can utilize my time to write something better with more focus and peace.
3) The same year my father, at the age of 95 met his creator, without depending on anyone or without any critical condition.
4) The same year, God blessed my son with a new life. My car was destroyed but my son stayed alive without getting any disability.
At the end she wrote:
This year was an immense blessing of God and it passed well.
Dear friends, In our daily lives we can see happiness, satisfaction and peace of mind in everything. Our main aim is to search for happiness, satisfaction and peace of mind in everything we get and we face. And we can do it.
Destruction (noun) = the act of destroying something; the process of being destroyed
Give up (phrasal verb) = stop trying to do something
Alas (exclamation) = a word which is used to show you are sad
Get rid of (idiom) = avoid something that you don’t want
Utilize (verb) = use something in a good way
Critical (adjective) = serious ; dangerous
Sound (adjective) = in good condition; not damaged, injured, or diseased.
Immense (adjective) = extremely large or great