Essay on Positive Attitude for Students and Children
It’s often questioned if a person’s attitude is predisposed or if it can be developed. Without question, attitudes are developed. Your attitude is a strong instrument for meaningful action. It’s inherently interwoven with everything you do. It’s your most precious possession. William James, the excellent psychologist cum philosopher, said,
“The greatest discovery of my generation is that people can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind.”
One of the biggest understanding of our time, I can say, is that everyone has the ability to enhance the quality of their personal and professional life; however, they must first be prepared to obtain the abilities that will guide them to a place of self-discovery where they can tap into the strength of their positive attitude. You may not be able to alter your height or sort of body, but you may be able to modify your attitude. Each of us has the authority to create and sustain a positive attitude that works for us, enhancing the quality of our lives and enabling us to achieve our goals in life. Your attitude should be an indication of where you want to go in life and not a reflection of what you have been through. Change your attitude and you can alter your life!
Regardless of your age, your present position or station in life, gender, or marital status, a positive attitude can create an incredible difference in your life and other people’s lives. You will find out in the post that follows what attitude is, the strength of attitude, and how you reflect your attitude. You will learn to recognize that you can regulate your destiny by learning the stuff you need to do to remain positive even in the most challenging times. After reading this post, it will be easy for you to turn attitude into action and focus on the fundamental principles of self-development and personal growth.
“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret to success is found in your daily routine.”
-John C. Maxwell
“Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure.”
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
A = 1
T = 20
I = 9
D = 4
E = 5
T = 20
T = 20
U = 21
ATTITUDE = 100
No matter what you do in life, if you have a positive attitude, you’ll always be 100 percent. According to our alphabet system, if you assign a numerical value to each letter (1–26), attitude will equal 100 percent.
What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it.
— Alexander Graham Bell
A Definition Of Attitude
Think of your attitude as the mental filter through which you experience the world. Some people see the world through the filter of optimism (the glass being half full) while others see life through a filter of pessimism (the glass being half empty). Let me give you some examples to explain the difference between a positive attitude and a negative attitude.
Think of your attitude as the mental filter you experience the world through. Some individuals see the world through the optimism filter (the glass is half complete) while others see life through a pessimism filter (the glass is half empty). Let me give you examples of the distinction between a positive attitude and a negative attitude.
- The person with the negative attitude believes that “I CAN’T.”
- The person with the positive attitude thinks that “I CAN.”
- The person with the negative attitude dwells on problems.
- The person with the positive attitude concentrates on solutions.
- The person with the negative attitude finds fault with others.
- The person with the positive attitude looks for the good in others.
- The person with the negative attitude focuses on what’s missing.
- The person with the positive attitude counts his or her blessings.
- The person with the negative attitude sees limitations.
- The person with the positive attitude sees possibilities.
- I could go on and on with examples, but I’m sure you get the idea.
Your attitude is your window to the world.
A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes.
— Hugh Downs
The key to having a good attitude is the willingness to change.
Attitude . . .
- It is the “advance man” of our true selves.
- Its roots are inward but its fruit is outward.
- It is our best friend or our worst enemy.
- It is more honest and more consistent than our words.
- It is an outward look based on past experiences.
- It is a thing which draws people to us or repels them.
- It is never content until it is expressed.
- It is the librarian of our past.
- It is the speaker of our present.
- It is the prophet of our future.
Attitude is really about how a person is that overflows into how he acts.
When confronted with a difficult situation, a person with an outstanding attitude makes the best of it while he gets the worst of it.
Identify through self-awareness the attitudes that hold you back or propel you forward.
There are two great moments in a person’s life. The first is when you are born. The second is when you discover why you were born.
Why settle for so little in life when you can have so much, just by daring to be different in your thinking.
— C A T H E R I N E P O N D E R
You have stripped off the old self with its practices and have clothed yourselves with the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge according to the image of its creator.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
—OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES
Only the limits of our mind-set can determine the boundaries of our future.
Remember that your real wealth is measured not by what you have, not by where you are, but by the spirit that lives within you.
A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE AND DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE IS THE STARTING POINT TOWARD ALL WORTHWHILE ACHIEVEMENT!
“If you know what you want, you are more apt to recognize it when you see it. When you read a book, for example, you will recognize opportunities to help you get what you want.”
Don’t forget, the best coach with the strongest power over your performance is the coach that lives within you.
The people you allow to embrace your life ultimately have the greatest impact on your attitude.
You are successful when you remember that somewhere, sometime, someone gave you a gift. That gift is what started you in the right direction. Remember that you are blessed when you pass that gift on to help someone else.
SOW AN ACT AND YOU REAP A HABIT. SOW A HABIT AND YOU REAP A CHARACTER. SOW A CHARACTER AND YOU REAP A DESTINY.
Fear cannot scare a person who is at peace with God. There is no room, opportunity, or place for fear in such a person. Remember, you must have faith.
The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind.
You are not what you think you are.
But what you think YOU ARE!
Never underestimate your power to change yourself.
—H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Think, act and talk with enthusiasm and you ‘ll attract positive results.
Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.
— Dr. Joyce Brothers
Your Attitude Is Your Window to the World.
Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.
— George Bernard Shaw
Attitudes are a secret power working 24 hours a day, for good or bad.
Nurture your mind with great thoughts.
— Benjamin Disraeli
You must first clearly see a thing in your mind before you can do it.
— Alex Morrison
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
— Albert Einstein
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others.
— Jonathan Swift
FALL IN LOVE WITH THE CHALLENGE OF CHANGE AND WATCH THE DESIRE TO CHANGE GROW.
Every adversity carries with it the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit.
— Napoleon Hill
The things which hurt, instruct.
— Benjamin Frankli
Repeat anything often enough and it will start to become you.
— Tom Hopkins
Your day goes the way the corners of your mouth turn.
A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
Nothing happens by itself. It all will come your way once you understand that you have to make it come your way, by your own exertions.
— Ben Stein
A mirror reflects a man’s face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses.
—The Living Bible, Proverbs 27
Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again.
— Henry Ford
You can get everything in life you want if you’ll just help enough other people get what they want.
To change your circumstances, first, start thinking differently.
—Norman Vincent Peale N
A positive attitude is a person’s passport to a better tomorrow.
GENERALLY, PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN TEMPERAMENTS DEVELOP SPECIFIC ATTITUDES COMMON TO THAT TEMPERAMENT.
Major premise: We can control our thoughts.
Minor premise: Our feelings come from our thoughts.
Conclusion: We can control our feelings by learning to change how we think.
The following steps will assist you in changing bad habits into good ones:
Step #1: List your bad habits.
Step #2: What was the original cause?
Step #3: What are the supporting causes?
Step #4: Determine a positive habit to replace the bad one.
Step #5: Think about the good habit, its benefits, and results.
Step #6: Take action to develop this habit.
Step #7: Daily act upon this habit for reinforcement.
Step #8: Reward yourself by noting one of the benefits from your good habit.
IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS, YOU MUST EMBRACE ADVERSITY AND MAKE FAILURE A REGULAR PART OF YOUR LIFE. IF YOU’RE NOT FAILING, YOU’RE PROBABLY NOT REALLY MOVING FORWARD.
“IN SCIENCE, MISTAKES ALWAYS PRECEDE THE TRUTH.”
Every successful person is someone who failed, yet never regarded himself as a failure.
Success is . . .
Knowing your purpose in life, growing to reach your maximum potential and sowing seeds that benefit others.
WE MAKE A LIVING BY WHAT WE GET; BUT WE MAKE A LIFE BY WHAT WE GIVE.
Leaders have to give up to go up.
THE HIGHER THE LEVEL OF LEADERSHIP YOU WANT TO REACH, THE GREATER THE SACRIFICES YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE.
• Count your blessings daily, and give thanks.
• Get proper rest and exercise, and start eating healthier.
• Do not let petty office or school politics have power over your personal or professional success. Monitor what you hear, what you read, and what you say.
• Set aside personal time with family and close friends.
• Help someone less fortunate. It brings out your true spirit.
• Feed your spirit daily; read and listen to motivational books and tapes.
• Discover the motives that motivate you, and remember, motivation is not permanent.
• Reflect on your victories—things you’ve forgotten that were special. Rekindle the fire that helps you turn your attitude into action.
• Watch Your Words. They are powerful. Practice WOW by speaking encouraging, life-affirming words to others.
• Create an upbeat, positive greeting that builds enthusiasm for you and everyone around you.
• Develop a clear vision, lock into your purpose and passion, and set goals with deadlines.
The key to success is working persistently toward specific objectives under your own power. When necessary, you prove that you can count on nobody but yourself. Success means progressing from what is acceptable to what is excellent. It seldom comes easy.
Excellence is usually the result of a long, tough apprenticeship. To increase the odds that hard work achieves your goals, these personal attributes are essential:
• Self-esteem. Unless you regard yourself as a valuable individual, a worthy and capable human being, there’s little chance you’ll be able to change or control the conditions and opportunities presented.
• Responsibility. You hold yourself strictly accountable for what happens in your life. You willingly assume full responsibility for the events that result in either success or failure.
• Optimism. To be successful, you must understand clearly that there are situations beyond the scope of your capabilities—but not expect defeat. Those who are successful feel good about themselves, have confidence in the future and work productively in the present.
• Steady Progress. Measure success step by step. Success-oriented individuals keep their goals before them constantly. Not only do goals measure progress, but they also serve to motivate and direct future behavior.
• Imagination. Without imagination, you can’t visualize what it might be like to experience exciting new and beneficial ventures before they occur. Successful people use their imaginations constantly and creatively, testing ideas in the light of possibilities.
• Awareness. You must always be aware of what is going on around you. People succeed because they are curious. Their eyes are always open to new opportunities.
• Creativity. Loosen up. Think out of the box. Successful people make a habit of looking at problems, situations, and opportunities from different vantage points. They constantly ask, “Why is this so? What makes it different? When did it happen? Who will benefit most from change or a new direction?”
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.”
A positive attitude also ignites the drive to excel in yourself and those around you. You can stimulate this drive to grow and accomplish when you:
• Implement ideas, whether your own or ideas from others, by harnessing them in practical ways.
• Accept responsibility.
• Make critical decisions with minimal personal agony.
• Emphasize facts over opinions. You should always first gather the facts, and then interpret them when you are solving a problem or seizing an opportunity.
• Be a master of communication. Others will feel free to talk with you because they know that when they have something to say to you, you will be receptive.
• Confirm that others’ jobs and ideas are important.
CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL LEADERS
Let’s look for a moment at how a positive attitude influences successful leaders.
• They have high frustration tolerance.
• They encourage participation by others.
• They continually question themselves.
• They are cleanly competitive.
• They control impulses to get even.
• They win without exulting.
• They lose without moping.
• They recognize legal, ethical, and moral restrictions.
• They are conscious of group loyalties.
• They have realistic goals.
There will be times when you must come to the realization that you, yourself, are the problem. When this happens, these tips will help:
- Put your negative attitudes in focus. “If I keep this up, where will it lead?”
- Laugh. There’s no question that laughter is good medicine.
- Accept setbacks and failures as part of life, but keep in mind that a positive attitude may lessen the length and severity of problems.
- Talk calmly to yourself when you are upset. This can greatly lower your stress level. Take time to unwind. Have lunch away from your work on a stressful day to recharge.
- Talk positively to yourself when you feel down.
- Examine your priorities and goals. Are they yours or the expectations of others?
- Simplify everything you can.
- Don’t let small problems get bigger.
- Get more involved with family and friends. Keep close ties with people who enhance life’s good times and to buffer the bad. Try to put as much thought and energy into making your relationships work as you put into your job.
- Brainstorm positive alternatives with others. What could have been said or done to indicate a more positive or constructive approach?
ATTITUDE AND EFFECTIVENESS
“Success or failure in business is caused more by mental attitude than by mental capacities.”
—SIR WALTER SCOTT
Unfortunately, we overlook the relationship between attitude and effectiveness. Your effectiveness, especially if you are a supervisor or manager or in any kind of a leadership position, is judged in large part by how your attitude has influenced the results achieved. Here are some of the questions you should be asking yourself.
• What is the factual evidence that you really want people who report to you to succeed?
• What is the evidence that you allocate an adequate amount of time to plan with them? To think ahead? Provide needed resources?
• What is the evidence that you’ll be calm in a crisis or emergency when others are behaving irrationally? Losing your cool or having a temper tantrum will affect how they react to you.
• What is the evidence that you encourage calculated risk, but avoid shooting the messengers of bad news? If that’s the way you consistently behave, it’s going to be pretty tough to find people willing to be messengers.
• What is the evidence that you can disagree without being disagreeable?
• What is the evidence that you do not flaunt the symbols of status and power and privilege, which may yield fear, isolation, and suspicion?
• What is the evidence that you negotiate objectives to make them stretching, yet realistic and attainable? Can you negotiate rather than order? Can you coach rather than direct?
• What is the evidence that you are rarely surprised, and can quickly find out what you need to know? It’s not important that you know everything that you need to know exactly when it’s needed, but it’s absolutely essential that surprises be minimized and you know where to get pertinent information.
• What is the evidence that you can simplify rather than complicate issues? Are you usually understood?
How often do people come back to you and say,
“I didn’t understand that. What did you really mean?”
• What is the evidence that you will encourage dissenting points of view to arrive at a better decision? It is said that when Alfred Sloan, the legendary chairman of the General Motors board of directors, counted a unanimous vote on a subject he would say, “I’m uneasy with that conclusion. We will adjourn and reconvene in the morning. There must be more to this than we currently see.”
Tags: attitude status, attitude status Hindi, attitude status in Hindi, attitude status for girls, attitude status girls, attitude status of girls, attitude status English, attitude status in English, attitudes status in English, status attitude in English, attitude status WhatsApp, attitude status boy,
1. Attitude Is Everything
10 Life-Changing Steps
to Turning Attitude into Action
- THE POWER OF A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
DISCOVERING THE KEY TO SUCCESS
- Attitude 101