Stars Speak To the Man Solved Questions
1) Question: What do the stars say to man in the first two lines?
Answer: The stars say man was born with the capability of making sound decisions but chose a destructive path due to insensitivity.
2) Question: Explain the lines “Nature had fashioned you to apportion love and affection, but you took to buying and selling religion and faith instead.”
Answer: Man was meant to share love and affection but instead traded in religion and faith.
3) Question: Why is man described as a serpent?
Answer: Man is called a serpent for selfishly amassing wealth and keeping others away.
4) Question: Why is “awakening” described as a stupefying hangover?
Answer: Actions in the name of religion and patriotism have caused chaos, likened to an intoxicating hangover.
5) Question: Do you think the poem is a wake-up call? Explain.
Answer: Yes, the poem is a wakeup call, revealing man’s insensitivity and the chaos he has caused on Earth.