The Bahu Fort Question and Answers
Working with the Text
Q. 1. Where is the Bahu Fort, situated?
Ans. The Bahu Fort is a historic fort in the city of Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir constructed on the banks of Tawi River.
Q. 2. Who built it and when?
Ans. Raja Bahulochan built the Bahu Fort about 3000 years ago.
Q. 3. Describe the interior and exterior of it.
Ans. The interior of the fort contains a temple dedicated to Bawey Wali Mata, while the exterior features a magnificent tiered garden with expansive lawns and flowers known as Bagh-e-Bahu.
Q. 4. Why is it a place of religious significance?
Ans. Because of the shrine of Bawey Wali Mata, the Bahu Fort is a centre of religious significance.
Q. 5. Which part is the favourite picnic place in the fort?
Ans. Bagh-e-Bahu, which is surrounded by gardens and flowers, is the most popular picnic area in the fort.
Q. 6. When and why is the mela celebrated?
Ans. The mela occurs during the months of March and April. It is observed to seek Mata’s supernatural graces.
Q. 7. Name the things available during the fair?
Ans. Local ice creams (kulfi, malai-baraf), sugarcane juice, gole-gappe, aaloo chholay, kachaloo, and jalebi are available during the fair. In addition, youngsters have access to balloons and cotton candy.
I. Match the words of ‘A’ with their meanings from ‘B’:
II. Use the following phrases in sentences:
1. To carry off: He carried off the watch from me.
2. To take up: He took up cricket at the age of 10.
3. To take care of: They are ready to take care of the children.
4. In spite of: He was not invited, in spite of being their close relative.
5. To break out: A sudden clash was broken out between the two groups.
6. To be afraid of: the children are afraid of them.
7. To get out: Get out of the class because you are making indiscipline.
A. Complete the following sentences by using the appropriate interrogative pronouns:
1. What is it that troubles you so much?
2. Who is that he should object to?
3. Who is at the door?
4. What is there that she does not know?
5. What is this book?
6. Where is your house?
7. To whom does this watch belong?
8. How is she?
9. Where is the cargo plane?
10 Whom did she go with?
B. Write the contractions of these words:
1. I am = I’m
2. He has = He’s
3. You are = You’re
4. Do not = Don’t
5. Let us = Let’s
6. I have = I’ve
7. He had/would = He’d
8. Will not = Won’t
9. They would not = They wouldn’t
10. Shall not = Shan’t